Welcome to PEDS Online for Parents and Families...
This site is for families who are wondering whether their children are having difficulties with learning, developing, and behaving. Our service will help you find out whether your child needs additional testing, what kind of testing is needed, and what services may be helpful. You can do this by taking one or more screens (meaning short tests that sort those who may be having problems from those who probably don't). The first of these tests is called Parents' Evaluation of Developmental Status, or PEDS (pronounced 'peeds').
Our screens will help you find out:
- Whether your child seems to need additional testing
- Whether your child may need specialized teaching services or therapies
- Whether careful observation and watchful waiting would be helpful
- Whether you and your child seem to need information about things you can do at home to help him or her learn or behave
- Whether your child seems to be coming along well and simply needs a once-a-year re-check to view his or her progress
Our screens will also:
- Give you an idea of whether your child is doing well for his or her age
- Direct you to programs and resources for helping your child including those provided without cost under federal law
- Link you to quality websites with good information on how to help your child learn and behave well
Our tests will not be helpful if:
- Your child has already had a developmental evaluation or is in the process of receiving one
- If your child is already enrolled in therapy or other special programs
- For children 18 months through 4 years of age, we will also give you the M-CHAT,to help confirm the results. This will be offered without additional expense. The M-CHAT focuses on language, communication, social skills, and how a child responds to people and the environment, and screens for the possibility of autism spectrum disorders.
- We will soon be adding additional screens for older children, Please check back or click on the Feedback Form to your left if you'd like us to send you a notice.
- Screening test results do not give a diagnosis but they can help direct you to specific resources that seem needed.
- Development develops! Developmental problems can too. Check on your child's development including behavior every 6 months to a year is recommended.
What does it cost?
PEDS costs $9.95. After you take PEDS you will be asked for payment via PayPal before receiving results. In addition, if your child is between 18 months and 4 years of age, you will be given the M-CHAT without extra charge.